Monday, March 3, 2008

Beyond Blue: And The Oscar Goes To ...

Therese Borchard writes in Beyond Blue:

If anyone deserves an Oscar for exceptional acting, it's a depressive.

My guardian angel, Ann, told me the other day that she has spent more than half of her life pretending to be a happy person.

"People have no idea I suffer like I do. When they learn about my manic depression, they shake their heads. Because I appear to be so content and jovial."

Ah yes. "Fake it 'til you make it."

My epitaph.For at least 18 months, forty-five of my fifty-minute therapy sessions went to acting lessons: how to feign a stable and functional person until I became one.

read more ....

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification