Thursday, September 11, 2008

People.com: Kirsten Dunst: 'Now I Love Me'

By Maureen Harrington


Kirsten Dunst says she's "learned a lot" after checking into rehab earlier this year for depression and is now in a different place in her life.

Kirsten Dunst: 'Now I Love Me' | Kirsten Dunst"Everyone goes through a hard time in their life," Dunst says in the October issue of Harper's Bazaar. "They just don't have to do it in front of tons of people and with our media the way it is. I did, and I'm lucky that I had the resources and the money to take care of myself."

She adds: "Now, I'm great."

Though she hesitates to go into details about her stint at Cirque Lodge, a rehabilitation center in Utah, Dunst says prior to going to rehab she was "enormously co-dependent."

"I wasn't taking care of myself emotionally. I wasn't expressing my anger," she says. "I was making nice all the time."

She even got words of wisdom from an old pal – Tom Cruise. The actress keeps a plastic-framed copy of L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology Code of Honor in her home, which was recently given to her as a gift from her former Interview with the Vampire costar.

The 26-year old is not a Scientologist but appreciates the advice; something she can use as she develops her own projects, including a documentary called Why Tuesday? about the electoral process. She also stars in the upcoming comedy How to Lose Friends & Alienate People.

On the home front she's busy, too. The actress is selling her LA home and says she will be in her apartment in New York City, which she purchased in 2007, in a year. And her love life?

"Listen, I'm happy single or not single," she says. "Now I love me, so I'm okay."

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification