Monday, February 4, 2008

Beyond Blue: Dear God: On the Beatitudes and Hope

In her blog, "Beyond Blue," Therese Borchard writes:


Today feels like pizza day in the canned-green-peas-smelling cafeteria of my soul. Because I get to read the Beatitudes! Hands down, my favorite passage in your book (the Bible).

For this at-times pessimistic, skeptical person, your eight promises give me a better shot (than I had I spent the fifteen minutes reading the DaVinci Code) at peace and serenity. I repeat them and absorb them for the same reason that a homeless person spends all his money on a lottery ticket: they lead me to hope, a much-needed ingredient to my recovery.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification