Saturday, May 3, 2008

UrbanMonk.net: The Beauty of Impermanency and the Illusion of the Ego


From UrbanMonk.net:


There is nothing that is permanent. In that realisation is the peace that we are searching for.

I remember the first time I had ever taken the time to really look at a snowflake. It was a cold morning, and I was sitting in the car, watching the snow lazily drift down. I reached out and caught one on the tip of my finger, and brought it in for a closer look.

And suddenly I realised how beautiful they were. I’ve seen pictures, film clips – but never one this close in real life. There was an instinctive urge to hold on to that image, to burn it into my memory, but already the delicate fragment had begun to dissolve.

And so it goes for everything else: the world is constantly dissolving, changing.

Read more...

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | cna certification